Lodging in CR

If you find your way to CR, like dogs, prefer non-traditional lodging and enjoy getting off the beaten path, I strongly recommend staying at the Lighthouse in Atenas. Pictures do not do justice. Frances and Bruce welcome you as family. For me, it's a great way to completely unwind. See more at their Airbnb page.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Settling into Alajuela

So the hike on Tuesday REALLY wiped Bob out.  Not only was he physically wiped, but he says the 2 beers went right to his head.  The next day, he had a lot of trouble walking.  As I mentioned previously, Spinning maybe good for helping with hiking up, but not so good for coming down.  We stopped to get him some anti-inflammatory and muscle cream.  While he rested a bit more on Wednesday before we left, I got to do something I have not done for years - body surfing.  Because I am the main recorder for this trip, no pictures of that, but I must say I am still a champion body-surfer.
Here are two pictures of Vela Bar where we stayed in Manuel Antonio, a good friendly place with good food.




After the surfing, we hit the road and stopped for lunch in Jaco.  On the surface, it looks like a regular beach town (think Seaside Heights), but is a trashy place with a mix of sex-workers and their customers, and drunken (or soon-to-be) surfers.  If you are ever this way, do not go out of your way.

Returning to Alajuela, we found Flor, Walters mom (I know there is supposed to be an apostrophe there, but I do not know how to toggle for it on these keyboards, so no grammer comments, please) to be a bit under the weather, so Walter took her for some lab work while Bob and I went for pedicures!


Soaking the nails

He was a bit ticklish

I mean, VERY ticklish

Getting the nails done

    But you cannot argue with the results: 
Over the top funny!



















Needless to say, it was a new experience for Bob - for me as well.  We will be going back to this woman for haircuts before leaving.  Her salon is just across the street. 






Bob, Walter and Flor in town














Bob has taken on going next door in the morning for fresh bread and the morning paper. After eating this morning, we headed into town to do a few errands, then Bob and I headed out looking for a good gym.  We came across three, chose the last one for a good workout today (I was his trainer for the day), then we went to the Mercado Centrale for fish lunch.  The ceviche was outstanding although Bob did not care for it.   He loved the fish filet and rice.  Tomorrow we will be heading for an 8AM spinning class.  The gym was a bit of a challenge for him because everthing is different, but that did not stop us from a hard workout.  More, with gym photos, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment