Lodging in CR

If you find your way to CR, like dogs, prefer non-traditional lodging and enjoy getting off the beaten path, I strongly recommend staying at the Lighthouse in Atenas. Pictures do not do justice. Frances and Bruce welcome you as family. For me, it's a great way to completely unwind. See more at their Airbnb page.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Atenas: el mejor clima del mundo

Kay's Gringo Cafe: A place for good conversation

Downtown view
 "Atenas: the best climate in the world."  2300 feet above sea level, and surrounded by mountains - many of them full of coffee plants.  About 30 miles from the Pacific.  Boasting pleasant weather year-round.  This is my third stay in Atenas, and I love it here.  It's not as big or busy as many of the other towns (Alajuela, Grecia, Palmares) that I've seen, and it's not overrun with tourists.  Today is my last day in Atenas before heading to Alajuela for the next two weeks, so here are some pictures from town.
Where I got a $5 haircut (beat that, Dad!)

Atenas Cemetery

Atenas Cathedral

Gym.  Very no-frills, very friendly

Farmers Market every Friday morning

Mercado Centrale

Mercado Centrale.  Casados for 2000 colones ($4)


Atenas park in center of town

Local plant market

Local plant market

Atenas downtown

And one more from last night: little Milana: 

No comments:

Post a Comment