Lodging in CR

If you find your way to CR, like dogs, prefer non-traditional lodging and enjoy getting off the beaten path, I strongly recommend staying at the Lighthouse in Atenas. Pictures do not do justice. Frances and Bruce welcome you as family. For me, it's a great way to completely unwind. See more at their Airbnb page.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Rainbows and Dog Hair

As I was going through my morning routine of coffee, writing and reading on the porch, I looked out and saw a beautiful rainbow.  What a way to start the day.

The bulk of the rest of the day was spent in flying dog hair, as Frances and I bathed 7 of the 10 dogs, including paw-icures.  These long-haired dogs take up to an hour to blow-dry, not for vanity but to get all the dead hair out.  It's not so much getting rid of the hair, but transferring it from them to me.

They look so funny all wet!

Returning to full-size
In addition to this, it was the simple things like fresh pineapple with breakfast, and a fresh avocado with bleu cheese dressing for lunch.  I could get used to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment